Who We Are
La Crosse Community Theatre has been the Coulee Region's premiere arts institution since 1963 and is currently the primary resident of the state-of-the-art Weber Center for the Performing Arts which is nestled on the beautiful banks of the Mississippi River. Entertaining thousands of patrons each year, LCT now produces five main stage shows in the 450-seat Lyche Theatre, four black box shows in the 100-seat Veterans Studio Theatre, and presents a theatre for young audiences touring production series. We also offer youth performance and education opportunities through our Star Academy, which provides tuition free classes and camps to socioeconomically disadvantaged youth, and The Penguin Project, which invites youth with disabilities to appear in a musical with the support of a peer mentor. LCT is a member of the American Association of Community Theatre and the Wisconsin Association of Community Theatre.
La Crosse Community Theatre creates productions and projects that enhance the theatrical literacy of our audience members, volunteers, students, and staff. We provide opportunities for creativity and personal growth in a fun, collaborative environment. As a community, we celebrate human connections through communication and interaction.
Our Core Values
Community: All who value or may benefit from a creative environment, whoever they are and wherever they may be.
Creativity: Having the ability to see opportunity in challenges.
Personal Growth: Providing our audience, volunteers, staff, and students of all ages the opportunity to develop self-awareness through experience, skill advancement, and education.
Tradition: Embracing the history and experiences that laid our foundation.
- To demonstrate excellence by producing high-quality productions, creating positive experiences for our supporters, and providing efficient stewardship of our resources.
- To build relationships with individuals, businesses, and organizations so that La Crosse Community Theatre will be a cornerstone of a thriving arts district that promotes our community as a great place to live, work, and raise a family.
- To increase audience awareness of personal growth opportunities by attending and participating in workshops and performances.
- To expand artistic programming to give volunteers and patrons more involvement opportunities, to strengthen community support, and to use our space creatively and efficiently.
- To honor our history and to continue our tradition of excellence by contributing to a vibrant community for generations.